Babushaan (born 30 July 1990) is an Odia actor and playback singer, who appears in Odia Film Industry. He made his acting and singing debut in Hara Pattanaik’s directorial film Romeo – The Lover Boy.
Life and career:
Babushaan is emerging as an allrounder in Oriya Film Industry. He is the only son of matinee superstar Uttam Mohanty and actress Aparajita Mohanty. His real name is Tanmay Mohanty and nick name is Babushaan. But now he is famous as Babushaan Mohanty, the biggest superstar of Ollywood. He Has lots of fan following all over Odisha. He did his schooling from DAV Public School, Unit – VIII, Chandrasekharpur of Bhubaneswar. Now he is studying at KIIT University.
Babushaan is a trained classical singer. He is singing from 10 years old. His first film was Romeo – The Lover Boy which was directed by Hara Patnaik and produced by Brajaraj Movies. He is singing only for his movies. A fabulous singer and also actor who has ability to surpass every actor in Ollywood, but a long path to go. He is currently one of the highest paid actor in Ollywood.
On 6 July 2014, Babushaan married to his long time girlfriend Trupti Satapathy. Babushaan and Trupti had studied together at the DAV Public School, Unit – VIII.
Honours And Awards
- 2014: Best Play back Singer for Daha Balunga (Tarang Cine Awards).
- 2014: Best Play back Singer for Daha Balunga (Odisha State Film Awards).
- 2013: Best Play back Singer for Love Master (Tarang Cine Awards).
- 2013: Pride of Bhubaneswar Award.
- 2013: Best Jodi for IDIOT – I Do Ishq Only Tumse (Tarang Cine Awards).
- 2012: Best Actor for Loafer (Chitra Lipi Award).
- 2012: Best Play back Singer for Chocolate (Tarang Cine Awards).
- 2012: Best Actor for Prema Adhei Akhyara (Odisha State Film Awards).
- 2012: Best Play back Singer for Prema Adhei Akhyara (Odisha State Film Awards).
- 2012: Best Actor for Sanju Aau Sanjana (Tarang Cine Awards).
- 2010: Best Actor for To Akhire Mun (Tarang Cine Awards).
- 2009: Best Debut for Romeo – The Lover Boy (Tarang Cine Awards).
|2009||Romeo – The Lover Boy||Odia||Sanjay||Sing the Title Track of this film|
|2010||To Akhire Mun||Odia||Surya/Prakash|
|2010||Prema Adhei Akshara||Odia||Amar||Also sing the song “Megha Rutu Jhariluna” & “Dura Akashara Janha Tie”|
|2010||Sanju Aau Sanjana||Odia||Sanju|
|2011||Loafer||Odia||Sanju||Also sing the song “Paichi Bhala Tate Mu Mo Nijathu”|
|2011||Chocolate||Odia||Banti/Sourav Das||Also sing the song “Dhire Dhire Chaal Re Samaya”|
|2012||Luchakali – Catch Me If You Can||Odia||Tanmay||Also sing the duet song “Luha Sathee Bandhana”|
|2012||Idiot||Odia||Sanju||Also sing the song “Dhima Dhima Chatira Spandana”|
|2012||1 4 3 I Love You||Odia||Sanju||Also sing the duet song “Diwana Heli To Pain”|
|2012||Love Master||Odia||Jeet||Also sing the song “Nijaku Pacharee”|
|2013||Daha Balunga||Odia & Bengali||Omkar||Also sing the song “Maula Maula Mere Maula”|
|2014||Lekhu Lekhu Lekhi Deli||Odia||Also sing the song “Hrudaya Bichara”|